Monday, October 04, 2004

Translated book... not always works!

For two days I've been reading "Languages of Art" by Nelson Goodman and I only read about five pages till now. Not only it takes really a long time for me, I don't even understand what he is describing or meaning by syntactic,inscriptions, scores, marks, etc. How difficult it really is.....T.T
So, I checked if there is a translated version in Korean by any chance. And luckily, there was!!! And I was able to buy the file. Nevertheless, it was even much more hard to understand!!!!! Funny thing is that I don't think the translator did a very good job on it. There were few places where she translated wrong that even I could notice that. But I don't think it is a bad version since the book is not easy reading from the first place and putting in different language just made it more hard to understand.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kari Kraus said...

Now that's tenacity!

Hang in there, Yeun!

October 5, 2004 at 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home